Then and Now 10 Years Later

A few days ago on Twitter Beautylish tweeted a quote that I really felt held the truth. Here is the quote:


“It sometimes happens that a woman is handsomer at twenty-nine than she was ten years before.”-Jane Austen


Ok, first let me honestly say I had no idea who Jane Austen was, Googled her and found out she was an author. No wonder why I did not know who she was, I dislike reading very much unless its to my interest. 



Anyhow, when I read the quote and thought back on how I looked when I was 19 and looking at myself now, I do feel like I look better now than I did when I was younger. Not only that I've always been insecure no matter what anyone told me. I had always felt like I was the ugly one and even more so when I got pregnant in my ending months of being 19. When I look at old pictures of myself from 10 years ago, I'm just like, "ugh!" Oh wow and the way I did my makeup, lol, wow, seriously what was I thinking!! My face looked pale and yes I did do the dark lip liner thing, lol, and over plucked my brows and had to draw them in (yes I still do my eyebrows but its to fill in what I have), but hey it was the way everyone did their makeup at that time. So glad I out grew that. But looking on to how I feel now, yes I still have my insecurities but thankfully it's not as much as it used to be. When I look into the mirror and even if the thought "I wish I was prettier" comes to mind, I have to stop myself and think more positive, its what I have to tell myself to continue to have a positive view of myself. I love myself more now than I did when I was younger.  But in all honesty I do feel a lot "prettier"  now at 29 than I did at 19, I'm more confident and as I grew older  I became a more happy person (with the choices I made to live my life).


Here is a then and now picture of myself.  This was me at 19 which is actually 2 months before I became pregnant and this other picture is me now. 
 


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're surpassing your insecurities & loving yourself more. I hope to get better with my insecurities too. Omg I use to wear the pale makeup too! lol You're right, it was like the thing to do! You're so lovely & I love your attitude!! Great post xx

    ReplyDelete

I love positive feedback, feel free to comment!